Wednesday 21 February 2018

Lashes by Flutterby 


Hello everybody, I hope everything is good. First off I want to apologize, I know I said I was going to try to do one post a week and it has not really happened, anybody who is in final year of college will understand my struggle. I am coming up to my last few remaining months and I cannot wait to be able to commit to my blog full time once again.  

Anyways back to today's blog post, I am going to  be talking all things eyelash extensions. I have been getting my lashes done in the same place for a long time now and I always get asked questions on them whenever I get them done so I thought I would write a blog post. I have done one before however that was a good while ago now and I wanted to do an updated one.

  For anybody who is not familiar with Flutterby, they are a styling, makeup, hair and all things fashion company run by mother and daughter Nicole and Shauna Spain. I will leave all links for them at the end of this post if you would like to check them out or get any more information. 

If you are not too sure what exactly eyelash extensions are they are basically semi-permanent lashes which are glued on to your natural lash and usually last anywhere between 4-8 weeks. 

 What does your appointment actually entail?

The process of getting the actual lashes on is very easy, all you have to do is lie on the bed while Nicole works her magic. She has such a gorgeous set up in her studio with a duvet and cushions on the bed and she always asks if you want to get under the duvet. It is so comfortable you could honestly nap for your entire appointment. Nicole is so lovely and will chat to you the whole through your appointment. 



Does it hurt?

No, getting the actual lashes on is not sore. The only discomfort you may experience is afterwards when taking the tape off with the light but it is not really a big deal!

How long does the appointment take?

Depending on the look you want to go for your appointment will last anywhere between one hour and half - 2 hours, if you are looking for a dramatic and fuller look it may take slightly longer. 

Can I opt for a more natural look?

Before you begin your appointment Nicole will always ask what type of look you are hoping to achieve from your appointment. I have ranged from natural to dramatic depending on what time of year it is - I usually go for a slightly more natural look for holidays as I know I will not be wearing too much makeup and around Christmas time I will ask her to make them fuller and curlier.

More of a natural look.


How long will they last?

 The longest I have gotten out of my lashes is 8 weeks. People always seem so surprised when I tell them this and I have heard so many stories of people telling me that they have gotten theirs done only to have them fall out a week later, this has never happened to me. I have worn mine in Orlando and Mexico in really humid heat, the pool all day and they have stayed perfect! 

 
My lashes after six weeks! 

How much do they cost? 

Nicole charges €45 which is pretty good considering how long you get out of them. She also offers refills for €35. I have seen many places charge over €70 for eyelash extensions. 

Does it damage your natural lash? 

To be honest I have not experienced any damage to own lashes as I have quite thick and long natural lashes however every so often I will take a break just to let my lashes breathe and ensure the thickness stays. I know some people who have quite sparse lashes are afraid of getting them done but once you do not pick the lashes out you will be fine.

  

I think I have answered the most common questions I get asked. If you have any more just let me know and I will answer them for you. 

If you would like to get in touch with Nicole here is here links;
Instagram: Click Here
Facebook: Click Here

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and if you do go to get  your lashes done please let me know how you found them and be warned you will get addicted!! 

Until next time, 
Shauna 
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment